DuPont™ AirGuard® Smart
DuPont™ AirGuard® Smart AVCL is airtight and water resistant and adapts its vapour resistance as humidity levels change, giving buildings maximum protection against structural damage caused by humidity.
DuPont™ AirGuard® Smart helps preserve structures by allowing trapped humidity to escape during the drying-out phase – then acting as a traditional AVCL once structures are dry and moisture levels have stabilised. It also provides an effective barrier in winter.
Suitable for a Range of Applications
This advanced product is made with DuPont™ Typar® and is suitable for a wide range of applications requiring superior vapour resistance, including:
- Renovation from the outside, on sheathing, over rafters
- As an airtight layer in above-rafter insulation systems
- Flat or pitched roofs with vapour-closed waterproofing (i.e., where moisture can only escape to the interior)
- New (timber) construction
- All-purpose dry lining applications
- Retaining insulation between rafters or wall framing.
- Wall systems (masonry, insulated timber or steel frame structures)
Important: AirGuard® Smart is not suitable for structures with permanently high humidity levels, such as saunas.
Extreme vapour resistance range from 0.26MNs/g to more than 150MNs/g (sd-values from 0.05m to more than 30m), hence highly adaptable, means AirGuard® Smart offers one of the widest vapour resistance spans known in the market
Combines drying-out and vapour control function in one layer
High drying-out potential = high protection against structural damage
High tensile strength for superior insulation support / retention
Very robust – offering versatility in site work
Transparent, allowing the timber members to be easily located for fixing
Complies with CE marking