During the boom years, people went mad for floor surfaces they saw as fancier than good old linoleum. But today, people are more focused on value and environmental responsibility. And a linoleum floor delivers on both counts. People not realize it, but builders can step up and educate customers who ask for a durable floor surface. Linoleum has more to offer than most homeowners realize. Homeowners doing a remodel or people building a home turn to the builders they work with for solid information to make decisions. They need details and honesty. After all, they are going to live in their home and the shared goal is to make it as wonderful as possible for them.
Linoleum has been around for about 150 years. It isn’t trendy, but there are reasons for its enduring popularity. When you look at the selling points, lino stacks up very well. Homeowners looking for an affordable flooring that looks great and won’t need to be replaced in a few years will find a lot to love about linoleum. Here are some of the top selling points.
Linoleum Floor Selling Points
- Durable: Check the warranty on specific products, but linoleum usually outlives its warranty. It is reasonable to expect a linoleum floor to last 30 or 40 years if it is cleaned and polished regularly. It’s a great choice for high traffic areas. Linoleum is not just printed on the surface. The colour is consistent throughout the material, so wear and tear does not show like it does on other flooring surfaces.
- Affordable: This is one of the first things customers notice about linoleum, and it is major factor these days. If people are looking to keep their costs down on a remodel or new build, choosing linoleum flooring is a great way to do it.
- Natural: We all want to be responsible about the environment, and linoleum rates well here. It was developed more than 150 years ago, before many of the substances that worry people today were around. Linoleum is made mostly of linseed oil, jute and wood or cork dust.
- Variety: No matter what the style or colour scheme, there is linoleum to get the look people want. The selection is amazing, from classic to quirky, retro to cutting edge. You can also combine different colours of linoleum on the same floor to create a unique design.
- Noise Control: Linoleum floors are quieter than ceramic tiles. It is a softer material. This has appeal for parents, people who work at home and anyone who enjoys peace and quiet. Linoleum will also appeal to people who are considering carpet for noise control but dislike the way carpet traps dirt underneath it.
- Flexible Fit: While it isn’t a great material for DIYers, it is easy for skilled professionals. The benefit of this to homeowners is that linoleum can be fit in awkward spaces and look great. Even for the most skilled, some other floor surfaces are extremely difficult to fit around oddly shaped features in a home.
Linoleum floors have a lot to recommend them. And when they are properly installed by an expert, they look great and last decades. Some people might worry that another type of flooring will do more for their home’s resale value. But for people who want to live in their home, a linoleum floor is a solid investment. It is affordable to start with, and it won’t need to be replaced for decades. Some people aren’t aware of how gorgeous and easy to customize a linoleum floor is. But once they see some examples, they are sure to be impressed.
Find out more about our extensive products list by contacting us today!